If you want to use Tentacle with a Zoom F8 Audio Recorder, you have two options.
Tentacle sends Timecode to Zoom F8:
The Zoom F8 has build-in timecode generator, but looses Timecode after switching it off. So in order to have a stress-free shooting day on set, just let Tentacle do the job.
- Open the Setup App and set the frame rate of your Tentacle
- Set your Output Volume to Line.
- Make sure your Tentacle is in "Green Mode"
- Connect your Tentacle with the Tentacle to BNC adapter cable at the TC IN of your Zoom F8.
- Now go to the Zoom F8 Timecode menu and set Mode > Ext. > Ext. Continuous ON
For more information on the Setup App, go here.
Jam-Sync your Tentacle with the Timecode of the ZOOM F8:
- Start your Tentacle in „Red Mode“. Now it is waiting to be jam-synced to an external Timecode source.
- Use our bidirectional Tentacle to BNC adapter cable to connect it to the TC OUT of the Zoom F8.
- Go to the Zoom F8 Timecode menu and set Mode > Int. Free Run.
- The Tentacle LED should blink green, when it’s synchronized
The Zoom F8 looses timecode after switching it off, so you have to re-jam afterwards.