The Tentacle Sync box works with every DSRL camera that has at least a 3.5mm jack microphone input .If your camera can record a stereo signal, the Tentacle Sync will send the Audio Timecode to the left channel and the sound of the built-in reference microphone to the right channel.
Setup with DSLR:
- Take a Tentacle in "Green Mode", now it generates timecode
- Set the Output volume to Mic
- Connect your Tentacle with the included Tentacle to DSLR cable to the Mic Input of the camera
- Adjust the input level of the Mic Input of the camera, so it's not clipping.
For more information on the Tentacle Setup go here.
- Canon 6D, Canon 6D Mark II, Canon 7D Mark II, Canon 5D Mark III-IV, Canon, Canon 1D X Mark II,
- Nikon D750, Nikon D810, Nikon D810A, Nikon D500, Nikon D5,
- Sony 𝛼 7S, Sony 𝛼 7S II, Sony 𝛼 7R II, Sony 𝛼 9
- Panasonic GH3, GH4, GH5, GH5s
If you use the Microphone Input of your camera, you will loose the recording of the internal microphone, but instead have the reference microphone of the Tentacle on one track. If you want to use a high quality microphone onboard, you can use this Tentacle Microphone Y-cable.