Our Tentacle SYNC E or ORIGINAL timecode generator device with every DSRL or mirrorless camera that has at least a 3.5mm jack microphone input. If your camera is able record a stereo signal, the Tentacle devices will send the audio timecode to the left channel and the sound of the built-in reference microphone to the right channel.
Setup with camera:
- Set your project frame rate for both Tentacle device and camera
- Sync your Tentacle device, so it generates Timecode (Green Mode)
- Set the output volume to Mic or Auto
- Connect your Tentacle with the included Tentacle to DSLR cable to the mic input of the camera
- Adjust the input level of the mic input of the camera, so make sure, it's not clipping.
For more information on the Tentacle Setup go here.
- Canon 6D Mark II, Canon 7D Mark II, Canon 5D Mark III-IV, Canon, Canon 1D X Mark II
- Nikon D750, Nikon D810, Nikon D810A, Nikon D500, Nikon D5,
- Sony 𝛼 7S, Sony 𝛼 7S II, Sony 𝛼 7R II, Sony 𝛼 9
- Panasonic Lumix GH4, GH5
- Sigma fp
If you use the microphone input of your camera, you will lose the recording of the internal microphone, but replace it with the reference microphone of the Tentacle on one track. If you want to use a high quality microphone together with your camera and a SYNC E, you can use this Tentacle Microphone Y-cable.