Before you use your Tentacle Sync box, you should set it up with either your mobile device or your computer.
Go here to download the setup software or the app that you need and install it.
- Computer: with the provided Micro-USB cable
- iPhone orAndroid with Tentacle SYNC E: Bluetooth
- iPhone: with the provided white 3.5mm Mini Jack cable (and an Apple 3.5mm to Lightning adapter cable if necessary)
- Android: with the provided Micro-USB cable and the provided Android OTG cable (if you have an Android with USB-C you will need an OTG USB-C cable instead of the provided OTG cable
Turn on your Tentacle Sync device and open the software or App. These are the settings, you can control and change:
- Running Time (for custom Timecode go here)
- Red or Green Mode (colour of the running time shows the Mode)
- Device Name: by tipping on it, you can give each Tentacle a name
- Battery status
- Output Volume: you can continuously adjust the level depending on an Line or Mic Input
- Auto Mic Level enable: should be checked, so the Tentacle detects, if your camera/audio recorder needs Mich or Line level input.
- Frame Rates: you can choose your frame rate
- Auto Power off: in case your Tentacle is not connected to a device and still turned on, it shuts itself down after the time you choose.
If you setup your Tentacle Sync device with the App, you already see the extended settings, but if you do the setup on your computer, you go to mode and select "Extended Settings". The window on your screen will show more information about your device.
- Serial Number
- Calibration Date
- RTC Time: Built-in Real Time Clock
- Currently Active User Bits
- Use Custom User Bits: enable, if you want to use your personal User Bits
- Use RTC Date With Format: choose your date format for the User Bits
- Take Over User Bits Of External Source: enable if you want the User Bits of a Master device on your TC
- Remove (this Tentacle will no longer be connected and on your overview
TENTACLE SYNC E - Additional features
The Tentacle SYNC E has the additional possibility to not only select a name for each Tentacle but also change the icon. Just tip on the Tentacle icon and select an icon. So when you have several devices, you immediately see which camera or audio recorder it is connected to.
If you are on a multi camera shoot, you can now monitor all of your Tentacle SYNC E boxes on one screen. The app will tell you with frame accuracy, if your Tentacles are in sync. You also have a status overview of the following parameters:
- Battery status
- Output Volume: Line or Mic
- Frame rate
- Red or Green Mode
- Bluetooth range
- Warning Plug: if your Tentacle is not connected to a cable
- Warning Sync: if the Tentacle is not in sync
If you want to remove a Tentacle from your list, just swipe to the left and press REMOVE.