Before you use your Tentacle Sync device SYNC E or ORIGINAL, you should configure it with our Setup App either on your mobile device or your computer. Go here to download the suitable Setup Software or App and install it.
- Computer: included Micro-USB/USB-C cable
- iPhone or Android with Tentacle SYNC E: wireless Bluetooth connection
- iPhone with Original: provided white TRRS cable (and an Apple 3.5mm to Lightning adapter cable if necessary)
- Android with Original: provided Micro-USB cable and Android OTG cable (if you have an Android with USB-C you will need an OTG USB-C cable instead of the provided OTG cable)
Turn on your Tentacle Sync device and open the Setup App on your phone or desktop. These are the settings, you can control and change:
- Running Time (for custom Timecode go here)
- Red or Green Mode (colour of the running time shows the Mode)
- Device Name: by tipping on it, you can give each Tentacle a name
- Battery status
- Output Volume: Mic / Line / Auto can be selected
- Auto Mic Level enable: should be checked, so the Tentacle detects, if your camera/audio recorder needs Mic or Line level input.
- Frame Rates: you can choose your frame rate
- Auto Power Off: in case your Tentacle is not connected to a device and still turned on, it shuts itself down after the time you choose.
If you setup your Tentacle Sync device with the App, you already see the extended settings, but if you do the setup on your computer, you go to Mode > Extended Settings. The window on your screen will show more information about your device:
- Serial Number
- Calibration Date
- RTC Time: Built-in Real Time Clock
- Currently Active User Bits
- Use Custom User Bits: enable, if you want to use your personal User Bits
- Use RTC Date With Format: choose your date format for the User Bits
- Take Over User Bits Of External Source: enable if you want the User Bits of a Master device on your TC
- Remove (this Tentacle will no longer be connected and on your overview -only Sync E)
Tentacle SYNC E - Additional features (only for mobile devices)
The Tentacle SYNC E has the additional possibility to not only select a name for each Tentacle but also change the icon. Just tip on the Tentacle icon and select an icon. So when you have several devices, you immediately see which camera or audio recorder it's connected to. If you are on a multi camera shoot, you can now monitor all of your Tentacle SYNC E boxes on one screen. The app will tell you with frame accuracy, if your Tentacles are in sync. You also have a status overview of the following parameters:
- Battery status
- Output Volume: Line or Mic
- Frame rate
- Red or Green Mode
- Bluetooth range
- Warning Plug: if your Tentacle is not connected to a cable
- Warning Sync: if the Tentacle is not in sync
If you want to remove a Tentacle from your list, just swipe to the left and press REMOVE.