This is a short walk through the settings, if you want to use a Tentacle with a Canon C100 camera.
- Set Tentacle to "Green Mode"
- Set the frame rate (same as Canon C100)
- Set the Output Volume to Mic or Line depending which Input is being used
- Connect your Tentacle box either with the provided Tentacle to DSLR Mini Jack Cable to the 3.5mm Mic Input of the C100 or with the Tentacle to XLR Cable to one of the XLR Inputs of the C100.
For more information on the Setup App, go here.
Setup Canon C100:
- If you are using the 3.5mm Mic Input of the camera select Audio Input > Ext. at the top handle. Set the correct volume either on the top handle or in the audio menu. For that go to Audio Setup > Audio Input > MIC Level > Manual. Then set the volume.
- If you are using the XLR Input go to the audio menu Audio Setup > Audio Input > XLR Rec Channel > Ch 1 or Ch2
Be aware when using the 3.5mm Mic Input of the C100 without the top handle, that the built-in microphone of the Tentacle will not be supplied with phantom power and therefore won't work. Also without phantom power the option "Auto Mic Level" of the Tentacle does not work, so you have to set the level of the Input manually.