Sure the Alexa is a good match with Tentacle Sync. We recommend to have a SYNC E or ORIGINAL timecode generator or a TRACK E connected via Tentacle to LEMO 5-Pin cable throughout the entire shooting day. This way you have the full control via Setup App on your smartphone.
- Set the TC connector of your Arri Alexa 35 to IN
- Open the Setup App and set your devices frame rate (same as camera)
- Ensure that the camera's sensor frame rate matches (or is double) the Tentacle frame rate
- Sync your Tentacle devices so that they are outputting timecode (blinking green)
- Set the Alexa as follows:
- MENU > System > Sensor > Genlock Sync > Timecode
- Timecode Run Mode: HOME > TC > Options > Run Mode > Free Run
- Timecode Mode: HOME > TC > Options > Mode > Regen
- Timecode Count Mode: HOME > TC > Options > Count Mode > Non-Dropframe
- Connect the Tentacle device to the LEMO 5-pin TC input
- Use this cable Tentacle to LEMO 5-Pin cable
- Active synchronization is indicated by a grey GEN icon on the HOME screen and in the status info.
We cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of information provided by third-party manufacturers, so we recommend that you contact these third-party manufacturers directly if you have any questions regarding their devices.