Here we want to give you some more insights on the TRACK E firmware update 2.4.1
How to get it?
- Download and install the TRACK E device firmware update here
- Update the Tentacle Setup App to the latest version (version 4.1 iOS & version 5.0.1 Android)
- Ability to output timecode through the headphone out. (please read note below!)
- Push notifications via Bluetooth to your phone about critical battery states, recording errors and low remaining recording time even when App is in background
How to enable and use the features?
- LTC output
- Open the app > connect to your TRACK E
- Go to its settings > routing headphones
- For TC Output select between:
- Left: TC (0dB), Right: Audio (for use with dedicated TC inputs)
- Left: TC (-18dB), Right: Audio (when recording audio TC)
- If necessary, adjust headphone volume
- Connect the TRACK E with a suitable timecode adapter cable to the headphone port to the timecode input of your camera or your camera's audio input
- Go to app settings (sprocket icon, top right corner) > enable notifications
Important Note for LTC output
- Please be aware that the timecode output feature is not a complete replacement for a SYNC E timecode generator. Although we have tested this feature thouroghly, we can't guarantee that it works with all third party audio and video devices. Therefore we recommend a test including post production workflow before shooting.
- Battery running time will be slightly shorter when LTC output is activated.
- In the US purchased TRACK E devices, the headphone output is muted when recording audio. Therefore timecode output will also be disabled.