With the latest update of our Setup Software comes the new firmware version 2.0 of your Tentacle Sync E. This firmware version allows you to wirelessly sync your Tentacle Sync Es with each other. You can get the new firmware here.
Wireless Sync - All Tentacles:
To do the Wireless Sync just open the Setup App on your phone, link all your Tentacle Sync Es with your phone (find a description here). In the Monitoring View of your Tentacles you'll find a new button on the bottom of the screen "Wireless Sync".
- Tap on "Wireless Sync" and a small window will pop up.
- Tap on the frame rate and select a frame rate
- Select a starting time for the timecode. If you don't, it will start with time of day
- Press Start and all Tentacles will be syncing up within a few seconds
Wireless Sync - One Master Tentacle:
If you want to feed one Tentacle with an external timecode source and sync all other Tentacles to that "Master", do the following:
- Select the "Master" Tentacle in your Monitoring View and go into that setup
- Scroll all the way down in your settings and press "Wireless Master Sync"
- A window will pop up and you can choose between "Sync All" and "Sync only Red Mode" and the Tentacles will be syncing up to the "Master" Tentacle in seconds
If you don't want to sync your Tentacle Sync Es wirelessly, you can still sync them up with the provided black 3-pin Mini Jack to Mini Jack cable.
- Set your Tentacles frame rate
- Start ONE Tentacle in Green Mode
- Start the other Tentacles in Red Mode
- Connect the Sync E in Green Mode with one of the Sync Es in Red Mode
- Wait until both units are blinking green and disconnect them
- Do so with all the other Tentacle in Red Mode