The Canon C200 camera doesn't have a dedicated timecode input, but you can record audio timecode from any Tentacle timecode generator SYNC E, SYNC E mkII or ORIGINAL to one of the camera's audio channels.
- Set camera and Tentacle to the same frame rate
- Synchronize your Tentacle device, so it's outputting timecode (Green Mode)
- Connect your Tentacle to one of those inputs:
For more information on the Setup App, click here.
Setup Canon C200:
Please note that you can assign the audio channels on the C200 in the Menu -> Audio Setup -> Select CH1/CH2 Input OR Select CH3/4 Input.
- If you are using the 3.5mm mic input select MIC Terminal as the input for CH3 and CH4 . Set the recording format to RAW or XF-AVC, or set it to MP4 and then set the correct volume in the C200's Menu -> Recording/Media Setup -> Audio Setup -> Audio Rec Level CH3/CH4
- For the XLR setup use the audio level switches and dials on the back of the camera body to adjust the audio timecode level so that it is not clipping.
When using the 3.5mm mic input of the C200 the built-in microphone of the Tentacle will not be supplied with phantom or another kind of plugin power and therefore won't work.