The Panasonic Lumix GH5S can be synchronized with Audio TC like any other DSLR / Mirrorless camera via the 3.5mm MIC input.
However it also offers external synchronization via the flash synchro socket. This way, the timecode will be embedded into the file during recording. To setup your camera with file timecode through the flash synchro socket, you need the following cable: Tentacle to Flash Synchro Socket
- Make sure your Tentacle is in Green Mode and set to LINE level output
- Remove the cap from the flash synchro socket on the camera
- Plug in the cable, set the mode dial on the Lumix to > Motion Picture and go to the correspondent menu
- Set the Time Code > Count Up > Free Run
- Select the System Frequency > Rec Quality and Timecode Mode accordingly to the project settings on the Tentacle devices
- Finally go to Time Code > External TC Setting > TC Link > TC Input
After the camera has been synced to the Tentacle, it indicates a reversed timecode symbol on the display. We recommend to use the Tentacle as the master clock in order to get a a visual confirmation that the camera is in sync with the SYNC E. Any time you switch the the camera off, you'll need to repeat the last steps and confirm TC Input.
Please note: Do to connect any external flash light to the flash sync socket when the TC Input is active. This might damage the camera.