WARNING ! The Panasonic Lumix S1H cannot record Audio TC in a way that our Tentacle Sync Studio and other editing systems are able to read it. Please use the Flash Synchro Socket for synchronization. This way the timecode gets embedded into the file during recording. To setup your camera with File TC through the Flash Synchro Socket you need the following cable: Tentacle to Flash Synchro Socket
- Make sure your Tentacle is in Green Mode and outputting timecode
- Please remove the cap from the flash synchro socket on the camera
- Plug in the cable, set the mode dial on the Lumix DC-S1H > Motion Picture and go to the correspondent menu
- Set the Time Code > Count Up > Free Run
- Select the System Frequency > Rec Quality and Timecode Mode accordingly to the project settings on the Tentacles
- Finally go to Time Code > External TC Setting > TC Link > TC Input
After the camera has been synced to the Tentacle it indicates a reversed TC symbol on the display. This is why we recommend to use the Tentacle as the master clock. You get a visual confirmation that the camera is in sync with the Tentacle.
Please make sure not to connect any external flash light to the flash sync socket when the TC Input is active. It might damage the camera.