WARNING! The Panasonic Lumix S1H cannot record Audio TC in a way that our Tentacle Sync Studio and other editing systems are able to read it. Please use the Flash Synchro Socket for synchronization. This way the timecode gets embedded into the file during recording. To setup your camera with file timecode through the Flash Synchro Socket, you need the following cable: Tentacle to Flash Synchro Socket
- Set your camera and Tentacle device to the same frame rate
- Synchronize your Tentacle, so it's outputting timecode (Green Mode)
- Remove the cap from the flash synchro socket on the camera
- Plug in the cable, set the mode dial on the Lumix > Motion Picture and set the menu:
- Time Code > Count Up > Free Run
- System Frequency > Rec Quality
- Timecode Mode accordingly to the project settings on the Tentacles
- Time Code > External TC Setting > TC Link > TC Input
After the camera has been synced to the Tentacle, it indicates a reversed timecode symbol on the display. We recommend to use the Tentacle as the master clock in order to get a a visual confirmation that the camera is in sync with the SYNC E.
Do not connect any external flash light to the flash sync socket when the TC Input is active. This might damage the camera.