The TRACK E Timecode Audio Recorder is mainly an audio recorder which can be synced by Tentacle Setup App for iOS and Android via Bluetooth or any external timecode source via cable through the microphone input.
However, if you fall short on SYNC E timecode generators on set, you can optionally use a spare TRACK E as a timecode source.
Proceed as follows:
- Make sure you have the latest TRACK E firmware version (TC out option from version 2.4.0) and Setup App installed
- Open the Setup App connect to one of your TRACK E from the list
- Go to its settings > routing headphones
- For TC Output select between:
- Left: TC (0dB), Right: Audio (for use with dedicated TC inputs)
- Left: TC (-18dB), Right: Audio (when recording audio TC)
- If necessary, adjust headphone volume
- Connect the TRACK E with a suitable timecode adapter cable to the headphone port to the timecode input of your camera or your camera's audio input
- Please be aware that the timecode output feature is not a complete replacement for a SYNC E timecode generator let alone the. Although we have tested this feature thouroghly, we can't guarantee that it works with all third party audio and video devices. Therefore we recommend a test including post production workflow before shooting.
- In the US purchased TRACK E devices, the headphone output is muted when recording audio. Therefore timecode output will also be disabled.