The Sony FX6 is an incredible combination of a DSLR camera and the bigger brother Sony FX9. The camera is well equipped for timecode synchronization with file timecode, which basically every editing software can read and process. Use one of our timecode generators Tentacle SYNC E or ORIGINAL or our TRACK E to supply your camera with timecode information.
Proceed as follows:
- Set camera and Tentacle device to the same frame rate
- Synchronize your Tentacle device, so it's outputting timecode (blinking green)
- Set the camera menu:
- TC/Media > Timecode > Mode > Preset
- TC/Media > Timecode > Run > Free Run
- TC/Media > TC Display > Display Select > Timecode
- Set the selector switch TC IN/OUT > IN
- Connect your Tentacle device to the TC port on the back of the body
- Use either one of these cables Tentacle to BNC 90° cable / Tentacle to BNC cable
- The camera display with show EXT-LK once the camera is synced
We cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of information provided by third-party manufacturers, so we recommend that you contact these third-party manufacturers directly if you have any questions regarding their devices.