The Sony FX9 is well equipped for timecode synchronization with file timecode, which basically every editing software can read and process. T a synchronized Tentacle Sync ORIGINAL, SYNC E or TRACK E to the TC port of the camera via cable and set the camera frame rate and TC menu accordingly. "Ext-LK" will appear in the camera display, when timecode is locked.
Proceed as follows:
- Set camera and Tentacle device to the same frame rate
- Synchronize your Tentacle, so it's outputting timecode (blinking green)
- Make sure that the Tentacle device's output level is set to Auto or Line
- Set your Sony FX9 menu:
- TC/Media > Timecode > Mode: Preset > Run: Free Run
- TC/Media > TC Display > Display Select: Timecode
- Use one of these cables:
- The camera display will indicate a successful synchronization by Ext-LK
We cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of information provided by third-party manufacturers, so we recommend that you contact these third-party manufacturers directly if you have any questions regarding their devices.