Your Canon C70 is well equipped for timecode synchronization, because it has a dedicated BNC timecode input at the front of the camera. This way, you are recording file timecode instead of audio timecode like most other DSLR cameras. Use one of our devices Tentacle SYNC E, TRACK E or ORIGINAL to supply timecode to the Canon C70.
Proceed as follows:
- Set camera and Tentacle device and to the same frame rate
- Synchronize your Tentacle device so it is outputting timecode (blinking green)
- Set the C70 menu:
- Menu > System Setup > TC In/Out > In
- Menu > System Setup > Time Code Mode > Preset
- Menu > System Setup > Time Code Run > Free Run
- Connect your synced Tentacle device to the TIMECODE input of the camera
- Use either of these cables Tentacle to 90° BNC Cable / Tentacle to BNC Cable
Jam-Sync your TRACK E audio recorder:
- Set camera and TRACK E to the same frame rate
- Set your Canon as follows: Menu > System Setup > TC In/Out > Out
- Switch on your TRACK E ( no mic connected and no Setup App interactions, more info )
- Connect your TRACK E (Mic input) to the TIME CODE In/Out of the C70
- Use either one of those cables:
- The TRACK E starts blinking green and is synced
- The Canon C70 and TRACK E will not stay in sync all day, as compared to a setup where a SYNC E timecode generator is connected to the camera all day. So be aware that you have to synchronize both devices again after a few hours to prevent too much deviation.
- We cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of information provided by third-party manufacturers, so we recommend that you contact these third-party manufacturers directly if you have any questions regarding their devices.