You can easily sync your Sony camera with the help of a Tentacle SYNC E, SYNC E mkII or ORIGINAL timecode generator. The camera doesn't have a timecode input, but you still can record timecode as an audio signal on one of the audio tracks via the 3.5mm microphone input of the camera.
- Set your camera and Tentacle device to the same frame rate
- Synchronize your Tentacle device so it is outputting timecode (Green Mode)
- Connect your synced Tentacle device to the mic input of your camera
- Use this included mini jack cable
- You will record audio timecode on the left channel and the audio of the internal mic of the Tentacle device on the right channel of your stereo input
Before recording timecode as an audio signal, check your post-production workflow, since not all editing software programs can read audio timecode.