You can easily sync your Sony camera with the help of a Tentacle SYNC E, SYNC E mkII or ORIGINAL timecode generator. The camera doesn't have a timecode input, but you still can record timecode as an audio signal on one of the audio tracks via the 3.5mm microphone input of the camera.
- Set your camera and Tentacle device to the same frame rate
- Synchronize your Tentacle device so it is outputting timecode (Green Mode)
- Connect your synced Tentacle device to the mic input of your camera
- Use this included mini jack cable
- You will record audio timecode on the left channel and the audio of the internal mic of the Tentacle device on the right channel of your stereo input
- Before recording timecode as an audio signal, check your post-production workflow, since not all editing software programs can read audio timecode.
We cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of information provided by third-party manufacturers, so we recommend that you contact these third-party manufacturers directly if you have any questions regarding their devices.