There are three ways to sync your Sony FX3 or FX30 camera with Tentacle SYNC E or ORIGINAL timecode generator & TRACK E audio recorder.
Setup with SONY FX3 / FX30 via micro USB port (file TC):
- Update your Sony FX3 camera with the latest Sony firmware
- Set your camera: Menu > 7 TC/UB > Timecode Run > Free Run
- Set your Tentacle device and camera to the same frame rate
- Take your synchronized Tentacle (flashing green) so that it's outputting timecode and connect it to the micro USB port on the side of your FX3
- Use either this cable
- OR use these two cables in combination
- As soon as the cameras has taken the timecode, it will display EXT-LK behind the running TC
We have current information from Sony that there may be deviations of +/- 1 frame or even more when using the Sony timecode adapter cable VMC-BNCM1 with external timecode generators.
Setup with Sony FX3 / FX30 via 3.5mm mic input (audio TC):
- Start your Tentacle in "Green Mode" so it generates timecode.
- Set the output volume to mic.
- Connect your Tentacle with the included Tentacle to DSLR cable to the mic input of the camera.
- Adjust the input level of the mic input of the camera, so it's not clipping.
Setup with Sony FX3 via XLR input of handle (audio TC):
- Set your Tentacle to "Green Mode" in order to let it generate timecode.
- Set the SYNC E or ORIGINAL output volume accordingly to the XLR input settings: MIC or LINE.
- Connect your Tentacle with the included Tentacle to DSLR cable to the XLR input of the camera handle.
- Adjust the input level of the XLR Input, so it's not clipping.
- Please keep any timecode generator connected to the camera at all times. Without the continuous connection, the camera's timecode will drift within less than 30 minutes.
- We cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of information provided by third-party manufacturers, so we recommend that you contact these third-party manufacturers directly if you have any questions regarding their devices.