You can sync your SYNC E or ORIGINAL Tentacle timecode generator with your Sony FX3 via 3.5mm stereo mini jack. This input has plugin power, so the SYNC E or ORIGINAL will send the audio timecode to the left channel and the sound of the built-in reference microphone to the right channel. If you use the FX3 with its handle, you can also use one of the XLR inputs.
Setup with Sony FX3 via 3.5mm mic input:
- Put your Tentacle in "Green Mode" so it generates timecode.
- Set the output volume to mic.
- Connect your Tentacle with the included Tentacle to DSLR cable to the mic input of the camera.
- Adjust the input level of the mic input of the camera, so it's not clipping.
Setup with Sony FX3 via XLR input of handle:
- Set your Tentacle to "Green Mode" in order to let it generate timecode.
- Set the SYNC E or ORIGINAL output volume accordingly to the XLR input settings: MIC or LINE.
- Connect your Tentacle with the included Tentacle to DSLR cable to the XLR input of the camera handle.
- Adjust the input level of the XLR Input, so it's not clipping.