The Panasonic Lumix GH6 offers external timecode synchronization with a Tentacle SYNC E or ORIGINAL timecode generator via its flash synchro socket. This way, the timecode will be embedded into the file during recording.
Proceed as follows:
- Set your camera and Tentacle device to the same frame rate
- Set the mode dial on the Lumix to > Motion Picture
- Set your camera menu:
- Time Code > Count Up > Free Run
- System Frequency > Rec Quality
- Time Code > External TC Setting > TC Synchronization > TC In
- Synchronize your Tentacle, so it's outputting timecode
- Set the Tentacle output level to LINE
- Remove the cap from the flash synchro socket on the camera
- Connect the Tentacle device to the flash synchro socket
- Use this cable: Tentacle to Flash Synchro Socket
After the camera has been synced to the Tentacle, it indicates a reversed timecode symbol on the display. We recommend to use the Tentacle as the master clock in order to get a a visual confirmation that the camera is in sync with the timecode generator. Any time you switch off the camera, you'll need to repeat the last steps and confirm TC Input.
Please note: Do to connect any external flash light to the flash sync socket when the TC Input is active. This might damage the camera.