The Tentacle Timebar app enables you to synchronize your GoPro cameras. The synchronization is realized through a generated QR code from the app.
This makes it possible to visually synchronize GoPro cameras to the Tentacle Sync timecode.
Now it is easily possible to synchronize GoPro cameras in a Multicam setup with all other cameras and audio recorders, that are fed with timecode by a Tentacle SYNC E timecode generator.
GoPro HERO 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11:
- Download & install the latest GoPro Labs firmware
- Download the latest Timebar App for iOS or Android
- Open the Timebar app and choose one of your synchronized Tentacle devices
- Tap on the small, orange QR code icon on the upper right corner of your screen > QR Timecode (Beta)
- Turn on your GoPro camera and hold the QR code on your mobile device in the GoPro's field of view (visualized by a small QR-code check icon in the GoPro display)
- The camera then automatically recognizes the QR code and synchronizes its internal timecode generator to the displayed time
- The timecode is stored as metadata in the GoPro files
Additionally you can set GoPro's framerate to your SYNC E/TRACK E framerate via the QR code. You find a menu option for this in the settings of the Timebar app. Keep in mind that our framerate naming conventions differ. For further information, see Timebar info dialog.
GoPro HERO 12:
GoPro HERO 12 supports QR code timecode out of the box, so you can skip step 1 (installing the Labs firmware) from the list above. The framerate command is not supported, therefore you need the Labs firmware.
- GoPros have a latency between "seeing" the QR-code and writing it to the internal clock. We can compensate this gap by sending an offset along with the TC. See our measured offsets in the Timebar info dialog.
- Keep in mind that time drifting over the day depends on GoPros internal clock (unless you re-sync your GoPro). So for long running shoots it's always better to attach a SYNC E directly to the GoPro.
- We cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of information provided by third-party manufacturers, so we recommend that you contact these third-party manufacturers directly if you have any questions regarding their devices.